:: Who Can Look at Your Credit Report?
find out who has the right to look at your credit report
Anyone with what is considered a permissible purpose can look at your report. These companies, groups, and individuals include:
- Potential lenders
- Insurance companies
- Employers and potential employers (usually only with your written consent)
- Companies you allow to monitor your account for signs of identity theft
- Some groups considering your application for a government license or benefit
- A state or local child support enforcement agency
- Any government agency (although they may be allowed to view only certain portions)
- Someone who uses your credit report to provide a product or service you have requested
- Someone that has your written authorization to obtain your credit report
More Credit Report:
- How to read your credit report
- What's On My Credit Report?
- What is NOT on included on my credit report
- Who Can Look at Your Credit Report?
- Credit Report vs. Credit Score
- What can I not remove from my credit report?
- What is a Credit Report
- How to Get Your Free Credit Report
- 4 Out Of 5 Credit Reports Have Errors
- Credit History, What is it exactly?
Write a CommentName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Subject: Who Can Look at Your Credit Report? edit