:: Steps to Repair Your Credit
Find out the excat steps to Repair Your Credit
If you really want to repair your credit there are some very specific steps you need to take in order to clean and repair it. These credit repair steps are not difficult and you do not have to pay anyone to help you.
Here are the steps to repair your credit
1. Obtain your three credit reports.
2. Review the reports and locate the negative items.
3. Dispute the negative items with the credit bureaus.
4. Disputed items are removed or corrected. Items that were not re-verified are removed.
5. Negotiate with creditors and collection companies.
6. After negotiating and making payment, creditors delete the negative accounts or change them to a positive rating.
7. State the item you are disputing, but do not use dispute forms or file numbers provided by the bureau. This will cause fewer delays by the credit bureau asking for clarification.
8. Do not confirm the account if any information about the item is wrong.
9. Do not use letterhead (you don't want to raise any Red Flags).
10. Do not photocopy a fill in the blanks form letter (another Red Flag).
11. Send disputes during busy times of the year. For Example: The first to middle of November can cause a delay in verification because of Thanksgiving. Christmas rush for the creditor and the bureau can catch them before they can thoroughly investigate within a reasonable time.
More Credit Repair:
- How to Clean Your Credit
- Bad credit affects buying power
- Definitions Related to Credit Repair
- Steps to Repair Your Credit
- Clean your credit before you buy you home
- Credit Repair Tips
- Credit Repair Help
- What is credit repair?
- Credit Repair & Credit related Tips List
- First Step to Credit Repair
Write a CommentName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)